Sunday, May 6, 2012

Miracle Monday: Entertaining Angels

I walked into my bedroom one morning, hearing my four year old chatting. She wasn't having a conversation with me or talking to herself.
I wondered, mystified, "What in the world? Who is she talking to?"
I asked her, "Who were you talking to Sadie-lyn?"
She replied, "My angel."
I said, "Okay, well what did the angel say?"
She confidently said, "Jesus loves me."
She never pretended to have an imaginary friend.
In prayer I ask God to dispatch angels around our home.  I truly believe she saw an angel.  God gives his angels charge over us to keep and protect us.  Another favorite angel story is about how Alma Nolan was visited by an angel. Alma Nolan's was a beloved saint of God who lived in Mindin, Louisiana.  Her nightly routine was to kneel by her vanity bench in her bedroom.  Alma kept this consistent bedtime ritual throughout her life.
She lived alone and her prayer always ended with this request, "Lord, send your angels to watch over me through the night. In Jesus name, amen."
One night she was startled as she turned to get up from kneeling. She saw a big man standing in the doorway, leaning against the door frame.  She knew all the doors and windows were secure.
She fearfully stammered, "Who are you?"
With a warm gaze he replied, "You asked for me to visit, didn't you?"
Looking away for a moment, she turned back to reply, but he was gone.  What had been invisible for years, became visible in a moment. Alma Nolan saw an angel, and her request to God had been granted.

"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and delivers them." Ps. 34:7 ASV












No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger