Friday, June 1, 2012

Weekend Rest: A Prayer of Contentment

I Timothy 6:6
"but godliness with contentment is great gain."

A Prayer of Contentment
by J. lyn Jones

Thank you Lord for a place of prayer, to talk to You, the all seeing, all knowing, grace giving God.


Thank you Lord for my spouse, my life's journey companion, tried and true confidant, friend and lover,


Thank you Lord for time with my children, the messes, paint splatters, glitter trails, joyful laughs, creative awakenings,  & delightful noise of life.


Thank you for relationships, the tears, the laughs, the grief, the growth.


Thank you for friends, kind loving, listening souls,


Thank you for difficult responsibilities that give challenge and purpose.


Thank you for sickness, for in my weakness, I rely on You.


Thank you for the blessing of work, for energy and strength to complete a goal.


Thank you for dirty dishes, for the good food we ate last night, and please let me help those who know hunger.


Thank you Lord for bills, for life is expensive and death has no currency.


Thank you Lord for the blessing of this day, this moment, and this breath.


Thank you for being the center of my joy and filling my life to the overflow.


Thank you for showing me the secret, that through life's stress and imperfections
I can be content.

Thank you for teaching me to be content.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, thanks for this uplifting prayer :)...Sometimes we forget in the hectic-ism of life, and I know God uses you to help us get through the times when we feel that the Lord is a million miles away from us. I've been busy with the birth of Laura's new baby, and after coming home my illness requires that I get a lot of rest before I can do much else and sometimes I get lonely because I can't do as much with this MS and it's progression. Thanks so much for you words of encouragement that help me through those hard times! I love you and am thankful for your blog. Give the family my love and tell your mom I said hi and I love her too...Take care, God bless you, Always~~Bertie :)

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger