Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Rest: A Soul Makeover



Rev. 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock."
Renew: To make new again, as to restore
Synonyms Renovate, Restore, Revive

Jesus stands at the heart's door.  Knocking. 
He gazes into our souls. 
 His eyes look throughout the Earth to see who will open the door to Him. 
It is so difficult to open the door of our soul. 
What if He sees all our clutter?
Our need for renovation? 
The peeling wallpaper, the tattered drapes,
 brokenness, the dirt left by some careless family member or friend,
 the cobwebs of unbelief lurking in the corners,
the mold of hurt growing conspicuously,  
noticeable piles of unresolved pain...what if He sees? 
But He does see. 
He made the soul's house, the skin, the bones, the mind, in which we live.
He knocks, waiting to give us soul makeovers.
Will you be renewed? Will you open the door? 
 His forgiveness is like an expert cleaning and decorating crew.
 He uncovers every sin, every hurt, only to heal, to help, restore and make new. 
We must first invite Him in.
"Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.
Come in and renew me.
Renew my brokenness, restore my soul,
take away anything that would displease you, my guest. 
 Make my heart your home
Be my constant companion.
Let the temple of my mind, my heart be a dwelling place for your spirit."
Psalm 51:7b
 ..."wash me and I will be whiter than snow." 
Lord renew us with your Spirit and your grace. 
Renew us, and revive us. Please give us soul "makeovers."
--j.lyn jones

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I recently drew something and made a blog post based on the Revelation 3:20 verse. Feel free to check it out! :)
    http://shannonbeeblog.blogspot.ca/2012/06/door.html

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger