Friday, July 27, 2012

Weekend Rest: Emptying

I firmly believe that the moment our hearts are emptied of selfishness and ambition and self-seeking and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Spirit will come and fill every corner of our hearts; but if we are full of pride and conceit, ambition and self-seeking, pleasure and the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God. I also believe that many a man is praying to God to fill him, when he is full already with something else. Before we pray that God would fill us, I believe we ought to pray that He would empty us. There must be an emptying before there can be a filling; and when the heart is turned upside down, and everything that is contrary to God is turned out, then the Spirit will come...”
D.L. Moody

A Prayer for Emptying

Dear Lord,

Please empty me... of me.
I surrender my desires, my will and my life at your throne.
Weed the garden of my heart.
Rake out the anger, jealousy, pride, fear, bitterness, hatred, unforgiveness,
&
all works of the flesh.
Empty my heart of any evil that would
keep You from abiding with me.
Let me approach your throne with a clean heart, and a right spirit.

Fill me with You.
Your goodness, mercy, compassion, love, humility,
joy and all the fullness of Your Spirit.

In Jesus Name I ask.
Amen

--j.l.jones 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger