How to have a Happy Thanksgiving
It is said that thankful people are 25 percent happier than those who aren't thankful. Living in a country where we are daily bombarded with materialism, it is easy to see what we think we need rather than what we have. We cannot open our mailboxes, or turn on our computers without someone trying to convince us that we need something more. A truly thankful heart is a content heart. So this Thanksgiving Day when we sit around the table may we realize all of the blessings that God has given, and let us not forget to share our blessings with others.
How to have a Happy Thanksgiving: (Note: Can be practiced everyday.)
1. When you open your eyes in the morning spend sometime thanking God for life, breath, and the new day.
3. Keep a thankful journal, each day write down what you are thankful for.
4. Let go of worry. Give your burdens to God and leave them there.
5. Help someone less fortunate.
8. Savor the moment, each one is a gift from God.
10. Let go of the past and anything else you can't change.
"Godliness with contentment is great gain!"