Friday, May 3, 2013

Mother's Day Spa for the Soul

This is a post from a previous mother's day, just wanted to share.-Jen


Breathe Deep and Relax in God...



Soak 

Soak up quiet moments with God. Psalm 46:10 states, "Be still and know that I am God."  Sometimes it is good for us to sit in God's presence.  We need to become quiet.  Sometimes it's easy to have quiet around us but we if have so much inner noise going on, we can't truly be still.  We need to clear our minds and focus on God's presence.  Think about His love for you...Be still and know that He is God.


Exfoliate

Hyssop was used in Bible times as a cleansing herbal agent.  It was also used for purification and sacrifice. When David wrote "Purge me with hyssop" he was asking God to cleanse his heart to make him clean and free from sin.  Sometimes we need God to "scrub" away attitudes of unbelief, anger, depression and guilt from our lives.  This weekend is a good time to spend time in prayer asking God to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Cry out to Jesus, He is ready to listen.


Tranquility

"My peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27  Focus on God's peace.  Turn your fears and worries over to Jesus, the One who cares for you.  Let the Prince of Peace rule in your heart. As the hymn says,  "Turn your eyes on Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace."  


Restore

"He restoreth my soul." Ps. 23:3 Literally means He causes my life to return.  He causes me to live.  Sometimes life becomes difficult and so stressful, that we need God to restore our souls.  Let the One who gave you life, restore your life.  If you are becoming weary in your journey, ask God to give you new life.  Ask God to breathe new life into you. 


Renew

True renewal is a deep renovation of the heart.  Let God transform your thinking.  You can do all things through Christ. You can make it. You have a purpose. Your life is meaningful. You are loved by a living God who cares for you.  Let God renew you.  "Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12:2  Life brings it's share of challenges, take some quiet moments to let God renew your mind. Start thanking God for the good things that He has blessed you with.  "They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as an eagle." Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Jen!
    Thanks again for your uplifting blogs. I know it's from God because this is what the Lord has been bringing to my heart the past month or so. I've been asking Him to change the way I think, and to help me to think on uplifting and good things. I want Him to take out of my mind things of the past that are of no spiritual help to me, and to replace them with things that bring hope for a better future. The enemy wants us to think that we have no hope for a happy life, and he puts those thoughts into our minds, but we have the Word of God to dwell on. Through dwelling on His Word He will help us to 'renew our minds'. He brings hope to the hopeless~~Thank you Jesus!~~
    ~~~ hugs from~~Bertie :)

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger