Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Cure for Shadows by Jennifer Jones

A Cure for Shadows  by Jennifer Jones

shadow:
Bing Dictionary
shad·ow
 [ sháddō ]   darkened shape of something in light: a darkened shape on a surface that falls behind somebody or something blocking the light
  1. darkness: relative darkness in a place that is being screened or blocked off from direct sunlight
Synonyms: shade, silhouette, outline, dark, darkness, gloom, gloominess, dusk, dimness
 
In Florida it is not uncommon to enjoy a pristine, blue-skied summer day, only to have it interrupted by a layer of rain clouds.  Life can be similar. Have you ever felt like you were living under a shadow? I have. Just last week I experienced a cloud of fear casting it's menacing shade over my life. My daughter Sadie sat next to me listless, fighting an unknown virus.  Partially dehydrated, she was refusing food and drink.  I finally made an appointment with the doctor, after hoping and praying that she would recover on her own.  As I entered the doctor's office, I expected to be loaded up with prescriptions for antibiotics and sent home.  When the doctor requested blood tests, sonograms, and x-rays, I became anxious and worried. Yes, I was praying through it all. Yes, I was trusting God that everything was going to be alright.  Yes, I have faith! However,  I am also HUMAN.  I couldn't help but think ...what if she was seriously ill? Shadows of doubt threatened to block my faith.
 
Dark shadows occasionally creep into our lives.  The Bible records that Job and David experienced the "the shadow of death." (Job 16:16, Psalm 23:4)  Shadows can be grief, loss of relationships, hopelessness, sickness, depression and loneliness, to name a few. Life is filled with potential shadows and we all experience them.

Good News! I found a cure for Life's SHADOWS.

The antidote is... God's SHADOW. 

Psalm 91: 1
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the SHADOW of the Almighty."
 
Psalm 36:7
"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the SHADOW of thy wings."
 
Psalm 57:1
"...yea, in the SHADOW of thy wings will I make my refuge until these calamities be overpast."
 
Psalm 63:7
"Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the SHADOW of thy wings will I rejoice."
 
Isaiah 25:4
"For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm a SHADOW from the heat..."
 
Isaiah 51:16
"For I have put my words in thy mouth and I have covered thee in the SHADOW of mine hand..."
 
I started thinking about God's shadow.  The powerful protective shadow of the Almighty gave me comfort.  The protection under the everlasting arms of God Almighty, is the cure for the shadows of life.  He is the antidote for loneliness, grief, suffering, doubt, fear, and heartache.  His shadow removes all other shadows. In the presence of His shadow is peace, and help. 
 
My shadows of doubt left when I started trusting in the shadow of God.  My daughter Sadie was diagnosed with a virus. However, she is undergoing other tests for abnormal glucose levels.  I am determined to trust in the shadow of Jesus.  He is the cure for the shadow's of life.
 
So when the shadow's of life threaten to overcome you, remember to trust in the shadow of Almighty God.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger