Monday, November 11, 2013

Letting Go...Letting God







Dearest Friend,

Just checking in on this Monday morning.

I have had difficulty in my life, so many times, with letting go of  different things. Some of my struggles include letting go of  hurt, mistakes or offense. It may be something I am worried about. It may be a prayer that I leave at the altar, but then pick it back up. Many times the scenario will play over and over in my mind. 

My husband gently reminds me, "Babe, you've got to let it go. You can't change it...let-it-go."

But deep inside, I don't want to. It's scary to trust someone with our messes, fears, and worries.

God recently gave me a word about "letting go..."
Imagine walking into a post office. In your hand you hold a very important letter. It's addressed, stamped and ready to be sent.  You get closer to the postal worker who will assist you. You grip the letter tighter.  If you let it go, you won't have it in your hands anymore. You feel your heart beat faster, panic rises in your chest...slowly...you hand the letter over to the outstretched hands of the person behind the desk. They take it from your hands. The letter is officially mailed. You managed to let it go.

This is a very simple illustration but many times in our lives this is what we need to do.  The situations, hurt, frustrations and unanswered prayers, go unresolved because we don't completely "let them go".  Open your hands. Let God take your burden you're holding onto. Let God give you peace. Let Him heal your hurts. Ask Him to help you.  Let God have your life's letters--let go.

"The Lord is thy keeper... The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil,... He shall preserve thy soul" Psalm 121:5,7.

"I know Him whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day" 2 Timothy 1:12.

Have a blessed week.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again Jen. More words from God I need to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written tips, very accurate, to the point and easy to digest — exactly what constitutes a “strong blog”. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger