Monday, March 26, 2012

Miracle Monday

Dear friends, God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or think.  I found this to be true about 15 years ago.  My husband and I had been married for two years, both being in our mid 20's, we were ready to start a family. Our friends and family members had their arms full, and ours were feeling empty.  Little did we know it wasn't going to be easy for us.  I went to my first doctor's appointment thinking that in no time I would be expecting a bundle of joy.  After a whole year of appointments I began to get worried.  The ache to hold my own baby was growing every month while I battled infertility.  At first the doctor gave me some mild progesterone to try to help.  No results.  He then prescribed a stronger drug. No results.  Months turned into years. My husband and I were into our 3rd year of trying to conceive and rapidly losing hope. We were on the verge of trying invitro which was a very expensive procedure with no promises. Months seemed to drag by. Our prayers for a child seemed to go unanswered. Every Mother's Day, I would dread going to church.  As moms were presented with flowers and cards from their children, I would sit in service and just count the minutes until it was over.  I remember vividly the Mother's Day when Pastor Jones called my husband and I to the front of the church.  Tears streamed down my face as I listened to the words he prophesied over us.  He pronounced that this time next year I would be expecting a baby.  After months of medication, methods, charts and doctor's visits, my faith had almost evaporated.  What joy we experienced when we found out the next March not quite a year from the prophecy, that I was expecting.  Nine months concluded with the birth of our first born Sarah Elisabeth.  Elisabeth meaning "Oath of God."  When God makes a promise, He keeps it.  God was able to help me when doctors and medicine failed.  He can help you too. His promises are sure and unfailing.  Believe, have Faith and know that God can do exceeding abundantly above all that we can ask or think.  If you need a miracle, we serve an awesome, amazing God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger