Monday, April 23, 2012

Miracle Monday: Pocket Miracles by Lois Jones

The Pigeon
As told by Rev. John Brigmond

Two days before Thanksgiving my thoughts were mainly on the fellowship my wife and I were going to enjoy with our family on Thursday along with a hunting trip planned for the day after. I certainly was not thinking about a medical emergency. So, I was shocked when Daniel, my oldest son, suffered  a stroke while we were having a phone conversation.

Daniel manages a fence company for me in Waycross, Ga. He was home for lunch and we were talking about an order when I noticed his speech was becoming incoherent. I asked him to give his wife the phone and that was when she noticed something was wrong. Susie, his wife called an ambulance and it was at the hospital that he was diagnosed. I count it a miracle enough that I was talking to him when he first had the symptoms and that he could get treatment quickly. However, God had even more in store.

My concern about his situation led me to prayer and I asked God to give me a sign that He was with me. I Know He is always with me, but I just needed some tangible assurance. When I stepped out of my house to load the suitcases in the car for the trip to Waycross, a single pigeon flew down and began walking in circles around my feet. I thought this was unusual behavior for a pigeon and wondered if he might be injured. I reached down to pick up the bird, but he would not allow me to touch him. Yet, he continued close beside me as I went to the other side of the car and to the trunk to load.  Wherever I went, the pigeon was there. If I stood still he walked in a tight circle around me. Wherever I walked he was by my side until we drove away. It was then I realized what God was showing me. Even though we are not able to physically touch God, He is always with us, surrounding us and walking close by our side.

My son did have a stroke, but with no lasting effects. If he had not been able top get help quickly the story might have had a different ending. I was made to realize that the benefits of having a God who is with us all the time are immeasurable. God taught me this lesson by sending a single pigeon to demonstrate how close He stays beside His children.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same sluring of speech happening with my wife. Took her to the hospital and they found a brain tumor...which we are battling at the present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will pray for you both. Strength, Grace and healing.

      Delete

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger