Monday, September 30, 2013

Lead Me to the Cross

Sometimes God ministers to us on a quiet, whispering level.  Last Friday I was having quiet time with God.  I was sitting on my living room couch, just enjoying His presence.  My spirit was still searching for answers and was troubled. So many prayers had gone up for my daughter Sadie and still she was sick. Two trips to the emergency room and numerous trips to doctors still left us with questions.  Thursday night, Sadie complained that her stomach hurt and started shaking. This time it was accompanied with anxiety and tears. Every episode would plant more seeds of worry in my mind, even though I knew God had healed her.  My faith was being battered by what I was seeing, not what was unseen.  What I was "seeing" were the symptoms that kept returning.

Friday morning as I sat in the quiet Presence of the Lord that surrounded me, I had a picture in my mind. I know that the picture came from God to give me faith.  I saw myself standing before the Cross, with Sadie in my arms.  As I looked up and saw Jesus, I told Him, "Lord You gave me this child.  She belongs to You. You formed her. You know what's wrong with her. I can do nothing. This one is for you Jesus." The scripture came to mind from Isaiah 53:5.
 
 "But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him and By His Wounds We ARE Healed!"
 
 It was at this moment I saw one tiny drop of blood fall on Sadie. At this moment God increased my faith. I knew that He had truly healed her.  I knew she was going to be completely made whole.
 I felt encouraged. I started to feel the scripture of Hebrews 11:1  rise in my heart that says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  I started seeing the evidence of things not seen in my mind. I started seeing healing and not the symptoms.

Mid-morning after the quiet time, the symptoms started again.  I immediately prayed over Sadie and started speaking words of Faith. I prayed for a physical and emotional healing.  It was moment by moment that I kept believing.  Miraculously, we made it through the whole weekend without any more symptoms. 

I had come to the end of myself and my solutions. It required getting alone with God, closing out the world and finding Him waiting. I found HIM with hands outstretched to give renewed faith, hope and healing.

I want to encourage you today. Whatever you are going through, God is ready to help you through it. Jesus wants to give you healing, strength, peace and renewed hope. Place your worries and cares at the foot of the cross.

Jesus is waiting for you.

                                                                                                                  --Jennifer Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger