Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Trust


My lack of blogging over the past few months has been a result of staying busy with homeschooling my children and caring for my six year old, who has been battling illness. 

June of this year my daughter Sadie started getting sick.  It generally happened on the weekends.  We prayed and believed God for total and complete healing.  Every 10 days starting the end of June through this month, Sadie was sick.  We ended up in ER twice, and they admitted her to the hospital both times due to dehydration.  We tried everything we knew to get fluids in her and to keep her hydrated. Everything she took in, even water, came back up. 


The doctors checked her blood, did an endoscopic procedure, and an upper GI. They were clueless.  Her mysterious illness still hasn't been diagnosed.  The symptoms point to abdominal migraines. So what are we doing?  We are trusting God.  Last Friday, the symptoms started returning. Sadie was feeling nauseous and trembling.  I told her, "Sadie, lets pray right now." We were in the middle of the parking lot of a Mall--I didn't care.  We prayed and immediately the symptoms passed.  The whole weekend was spent in prayer, each time a symptom would manifest itself, we would pray. 

The 10 day cycle was broken this past weekend.  I believe God is going to give Sadie a complete healing.  It's difficult to trust God sometimes when we are dealing with sickness in ourselves or with our loved ones.  It can be exhausting, faith draining and stretch us to the extreme.  It's at these moments, we have to TRUST. Everyday is another step of FAITH. The strength my not be in me, but the LORD is the strength of my life and my HOPE.

 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart." Psalm 73:26
 

 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger