Saturday, August 25, 2012

Weekend Rest: He Cares for You


1 Peter 5:6 "Casting all of your care upon Him for He careth for you."
My mom, always a ray of sunshine in my life, taught me this song when I was about 3 years old. 

"He careth for you, He careth for you, through sunshine and shadows,

He careth for you."


I can remember her strong alto voice filling me with comfort.  Such comfort. 


Through the years the words of this simple song have carried me.
Through sunshine. 
Through the laughter.
Through the births of my children.
Through blessings.
Through shadows.
Through storms.
Through miscarriages.
Through loss.
Through bitterness of soul.
Through hurt.
It's the comfort of knowing the "He" in the song.
Knowing that "He," God, cares for us, is amazing. That "He" loves us, unfathomable.  That "He" cared enough to die for us, uncomprehendable. That "He" wants to spend time with us, awe-inspiring.  Simple but deep and true, "He careth for you."
Loved ones forsake, friends abandon, family rejects...Jesus cares, through it all. He wants us to "CAST" our cares on Him.  He knows we are but fragile humans, weak in our own strength. 
In 1900, Frank Graeff wrote the following words.
Does Jesus care when my heart is pained Too deeply for mirth and song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress, And the way grows weary and long?
Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?
Oh yes, He cares--I know He cares!
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.

Rest assured this weekend, Jesus cares for YOU.
 "Who am I that a King would bleed and die for? Who am I that He would say not my will thine Lord? The answer I will never know, why He ever loved me so, and to an old rugged cross He'd go, who am I?"--Rusty Goodman, songwriter

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for this beautiful post! Every time I go to your blog I'm blessed with inspiration from your writings. This song "Who Am I" is one that has sustained me throughout the years of life's heavy trials and tests. I guess the reason some of the things that you post inspire me is because I too learned of them with your mom as a new Christian many many years ago. I see the gentleness and wisdom of your mom in you, and I know you were blessed to have such a wonderful mom as your role model. I know that she is proud and blessed by you as you've grown into a beautiful, wise and gentle woman. I haven't had the chance to come to your blog in the past several weeks as I've been going through some things myself, but I'll have more time now to come and see what you post and I always look forward to see what God has given you to share with those who are blessed to have access to your blog.
    I needed to hear this today (He cares for you)as sometimes things of this life get so overwhelming that our minds tend to wonder if God see's us or hears our cries in the night. It's comforting to get the answers when God speaks to us through Godly women like you.
    May our God bless you and keep you strong for Him as you share His love with others.
    Love and Prayers, Always
    Bertie :) {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bertie for your kind words. They made my day! I love and appreciate you. Hugs too, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Psalm 46:1 KJV

"God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble."

Blog Archive

All photos on this site are taken by me unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy them without permission. Thank you.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
"Keep thy heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life..." Proverbs 4:23

Wonderful Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday
Tea Party Today
Powered By Blogger